The feminine is receptive
Being a soft place to land: letting your gaze be receptive, rather than intrusive; people feel heard and understood rather than judged. To drink someone in; it's healing for them.
- analogous with the softness of the female body; we can give soft hugs :)Boundaries
- Just because you have it to give, doesn't mean you have to give it.
- There can be so much joy in giving, that you end up giving what you needed to keep for yourself
- What you give can be used against you
- After offering what you have to give, do you walk away feeling full and whole? Or do you feel wounded, leaking, exhausted? Either you've given what you didn't have to give, or that person is using it against you energetically.Egg Meditation
- Feet flat on the ground, nothing crossed
- Close your eyes
- Take three deep breaths right into your heart's center
- Imagine a spot six inches below where you are into the earth; if you're on an upper floor, go down all the way to the earth below the building. That's your energetic connection to the earth; your Earth Star.
- Take a few breaths and activate your earth star.
- From your earth star, drop a grounding cord all the way to the center of the Earth; imagine energy dropping down
- From the center of the earth, take three breaths up that grounding cord, up through your pelvis, your solar plexis, into your heart; and back down again.
- Take a breath from the center of the Earth up to your heart, and hold it in your heart; exhale up out the top of your head, imagine the energy going up and spreading wide open, showering around you like a fountain, until you're sitting in this egg-shape. The energy goes back into your earth star, and when you breathe in you breathe it back up again.
- Add this prayer: May only love and what's in my highest good be able to penetrate in; and may only what's in people's highest good be able to go out.
- If you're holding energy that shouldn't be released, your energy can clean and purify that, like a perfect recycling system.
Sometimes you need to turn off; it's better to make a conscious decision to turn off, i.e. watch some TV, read an escapist book.http://drdebkern.com/Ayurveda
Learning ayurveda was the most helpful thing for her for learning about self-care, and catching herself when she's going out of whack
Three basic ways people respond to stress:
- Spinning, anxious, worried; IBS, constipation, losing sleep
- Angry, irritated; inflamed; critical, judgmental
- Depression, lethargy, heavy
Once you figure out how you're responding, you use the tools to bring yourself back to centerThe five love languages
/ gary chapman
- gift giving
- words of acknowledgement
- physical touch
- quality time spent
- acts of service
- people give & receive love in many different ways!
Learning sensual movement was the most important thing she did in liberating herself